PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why is it everyones goal to fly a big jet ??
Old 1st Jun 2006, 20:56
spernkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot Entropy

In my observations pilots always want to fly anything that burns more fuel than what they're in now! They are always looking "Up" at the next thing that flies higher than what they are in at the time!
This is such a shame esp. when these guys are young and can't quite just relax and enjoy the light aircraft experience for a bit without torturing themselves over the fact that Richard Branson et al hasn't found them yet. People can get a lot out of little planes but dont!
One reason is that they want to get the dosh back asap i suppose and i found it interesting that so many here prattle about the mony been good in the airlines - bollox - 25 year old plumbers make far more(and pay less tax possibly).
They could take all this pressure off the kids by re-instating the old BCPL which did not cost a bomb and allowed people to build experience at their own pace without mortgaging their granny!
Dont kid yourself that been an airline pilot means youve hit paydirt - years ago (before we started selecting rich enuf people above talented enuf people) Captains did indeed get big money - i reckon in todays terms the equiv would be £350-500 K ? whos getting that now???
In relative terms the money is going backwards so wake up and be honest about your motives.