PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - how many have found a job?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2006, 20:01
buster172

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Balhambob,

I just gotta reply,

I travelled the length and breadth of the country including a two day visit to Jerez before deciding on where to train and in the end, it was the school just down the road. I do not feel I am 'not lucky' because I didn’t go to Oxford or Jerez!!

Come on! I can tell you I started my crappy little office job today (that’s frustrating) while I apply to a select few airlines in the vain hope that with persistence, talking to established people and friends I will get a break. I have friends on the CTC scheme, friends straight out of school into Eastern and even Thomsonfly, they didn’t train at Oxford, or Cabair, or Jerez. Plan B is the traditional route becoming an FI and that’s something I would like to do anyway.

I don’t get wound up that I didn’t go to these schools but I do get wound up about people talking in a way that implies if you didn’t go there, your some kind of second class pilot. I cant be the only one tired of this?
See what ya did?

All jesting aside, if you are new to this don’t get sucked into to thinking there are only three schools to train at. There are many, very good, smaller schools turning out just as good pilots and costing less. Don’t write them off.
All the best if you do decide to go for it.

Buster