PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA to make U-Turn in their Business plan
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2001, 00:00
DPIT

Wow, away for one day and the replies start to add up!!!

Zombie; Thank you for your post. I can see the Pilots point of view concerning 'constant feedback', and probably with hindsight, could have reacted a little less than I did. I can understand the justification for Pilots being paid a lot more than other transport positions (sorry about if that offends...but could not think of another description), as the major, and VERY simplistic difference is that you can not pull over in the sky. However, (not trying a wind up here!) would you compare pilots to surgeons in terms of responsibility? Not sure how much surgeons earn, so this is an honest question! And yes zombie.....I was working yesterday...and on the p**s last night, hence the lack of posts yesterday!

h'AIRBRAIN...I would have to agree with CRP5. Nice first wind up post. Although your first paragraph does explain my day time posts, I did not want to make that explicit. I stated that I would email the reasons to people privately, but not publically; Somthing that you obvisouly felt you needed to do.

MrUppity and all...I do hope that some day I will be able to join your fraternity, and hopefully will be able to bring knowledge and experience from my management career, that will be useful in my pilot career, and eventually for the company.

With regard to doing a day at either LGW or LHR, I will certainly be doing it. My friends are long-haul...would short haul be more educational?

[This message has been edited by DPIT (edited 28 June 2001).]