PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greener pastures
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2006, 17:39
HerrStiffler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flymix
I am a US/UK citizen currently flying for a regional airline in the USA on the EMB 145 series of RJ. I have about 2500 hours, with 1400 SIC on the Embraer.

My wife and I are thinking of moving back to the UK and I was wondering about job prospects with this experience level. Would BA or Virgin be an option? Easyjet or Ryanair? Monarch? I would like to be based in either London or Edinburgh.

I still need to convert to JAA, and I would probably get a type rating as part of that process. Now I just need to find the $$$ to do that....

Any general help/advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Hey Flymix, I'm a neighbour to the north, and also have the dual Canadian / Euro passport, and a canadian ATPL and a few thousand hours on light turboprops.

I've finished my UK JAA frozen ATPL not too long ago, and I can tell you that it's a long expensive process. But I'll be in a shiny new bus soon, so it seems to be worth it.
Going by your hours, you will need to write all 14 JAA ATPL exams, as well as do some flying, a commercial skills test and the multi and IR ratings. I suggest you go to the UK CAA website and download LASORs, sit down with a coffee or five and read. Any questions after that, feel free to PM me and I'll give you as much information as I can!

Good luck!