PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American School of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2006, 16:56
rhovsquared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all (I feel These things must be said). No school of no body really teaches you aviation. forget that nonsense find a good CFI who you trust and go through the ratings

last time I heard the FAA doen't require a degree OR Ground school. in aviation pick up lots of books learn to use an E-6B, a plotter, to read the sectional and Jeps,metars, checklists, AFM learn how to do a variety of perf calculations, read read read so much excellent material is out there, who is stopping you??? YOU CAN NOT WAIT UNIL SOMEONE TEACHES YOU ANYTHING...

. YOU TEACH YOURSELF 'GROUND SCHOOL' and how to FLY (under guidance of course ) Don't let inexperience foster excuses for incompetence.

do everything the 'hard way until you are so good (i.e W@B on your cherokee with 1/2 fuel and one pax) that it is a habit

even if you have GS it is wholly insuficient for the actual task at hand for all practical purposes get a regular college degree.

Aviation don't love you nor your school. stay alive with self aquired knowledge save money if possible and don't get drawn into hype and most importantly learn from the Ineveitable mistakes you will make AND KEEP LEARNING FOREVER!!! TO HELL WITH FANCY CORRUPT SCHOOLS

rhovsquared