PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 1st Jun 2006, 13:23
flipster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A public meeting with nothing written down?
Contributing to debate is detrimental to safety?

What's next?

Unwritten but implied diciplinary procedures for those that disobey these unwritten 'orders'?

Is this legal........ or are our Services ruling by fear now?

I smell a rodent!

I agree that giving too much away on this site might be unwise but the enemy are not as thick as our leaders think. The militants are clever and in some cases, well organised - so do not believe that anything we say here, they did not know already nor appreciate - they've been there and done that. Our enemy, some of whom trained with the Mujhadeen, are well aware of how vulnerable large multi-engine and SH ac can be - ask the Russians!

We have to think like the enemy and ahead of them. That is why better ac protection is so necessary. Not that there will ever be a cast-iron guarantee but all the stuff for which people have been asking for yonks would make our chances of survival so much better. That said our ac are much better protected than they were but if we hadn't lost aircraft, I'm sure our crews would still be flying dumb frames!

If our debating the pros and cons of the dangers faced by the crews gets the leaders' and ministers' attention - good! We hold these faceless top-neddies accountable!

If those still serving are placed under pressure not to contribute, I would not be suprised - only saddened! Nonetheless, if any of you have fears and worries - write them down and try the chain of command and the flight safety chain (such as it is) ......again and again.

If, however, you feel sidelined or fobbed off, it might be possible for your familiy to write to their MP, or even the Parliamentary Defence Committee. If doing so, they need to be as unemotional as possible, state the facts, details and references, including when you tried and failed with the official channels. Keep copies of everything.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this.