PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zimbabwe opportunities
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2006, 12:52
s1659399

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some interesting points being raised - and certainly diverting from the original post, nonetheless all worth reading!!
anyway about the whole low time instructor issue. In my training I predominantely had 2 instructors, one with over 25 000hrs instructing, and the other with less than 1000hrs. One thing that will certainly stick in my mind is that the senoir instructor once said - "as an ab-initio pilot it doesn't matter what instuctor you have, you can always learn valuable lessons from them." that's the whole purpose of their rating - yes?? I do agree that you should choose carefully though, as there are those that don't really care, but this then becomes an organisational issue too, as it is in their best interest to employ instructors that are keen and willing to demonstrate the privileges of their license.

but at the end of the day its just a big vicious cycle, with money!! those who can afford fancy ratings - good for you as you probably deserve it. and those who can't - don't sit around and slag them off!!
all i am trying to do is get my foot in the door, without having to do an instructor rating! and if it means 3 - 6 months of "so called work experience" just like in any other profession then that's what I...........

on that note i think i better get my coat and leave!!
but just before i go...
as far as west africa is concerned I haven't looked into it that much, but i shall do. however, the rate that tourism and the aviation industry is growing in sub-sahara (IATA, ICAO, World Travel Org stats etc) I certainly believe that there is a lot of potential, and probably enough opportunities to keep me happy for many years to come!