PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zimbabwe opportunities
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2006, 12:29
FlingWingKing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s1659399

Originally Posted by s1659399
OOPS- Sorry to cause offence by potentially screwing up the market for others!! yes i have payments to make to, but i am sure you can appreciate how getting a few hours potentially opens up the doors with many companies. Child abuse and slavery have been abolished (supposedly) but i sense a new breed of pilot-whores emerging. I am not going to encourage this - instead i will go and find a job (timber desk related), preferable near an airport, get paid bugger all and watch and drool all over my paperwork every time a plane goes by!!

I will take back my words of 'working for experience'. I didn't realise that this was such a delicate topic (even though it is a reality), and i do apologise for mentioning it.
To put you at ease............you have in NO way offended me with the comment about flying for free. Most of us have been there. This industry is a very cut-throat one but you will get used to it. Unfortunately the insurance companies dictate to the owner/operators which pilots are "suitably experienced " to operate their aircraft. Although many good points were made regarding the instruction issue (most of them valid in their own way) the quickest, most economical way to get past the insurance/experience issue is INSTRUCTION.

As a word of encouragement...hang in there and dont let go of your dreams!! You WILL get your break!!