PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA to make U-Turn in their Business plan
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2001, 14:53
The Zombie

DPIT,
We pilots are all used to 'continuous feed back' and having to justify our opinions and decisions, sometimes in a kangerou court or legal court. It's a pilot thing....!!

So as a PPRuNer you must expect the same treatment.

I believe that BA pilots are under paid compaired to the market rates and BA have started to lose pilots to other airlines for the first time I can remember!

When I sign for the aircraft I'm personally responsible for it and all those onboard. The financial responsibility to the company is very large and equivalent to many many many hundreds of millions of pounds. Not to mention the good name of the company which is priceless. We are not drivers but add real value to the customers and safely do our jobs every day, every month, every year.

This should be enough justification to support the view that most BA Pilots, like so many others, are under paid IMHO.

I'm sure you would learn a lot from spending a full four sector day in shorhaul and a while in longhaul too. Just ask at LHR to do so and I'm sure you would be made welcome.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz......

[This message has been edited by The Zombie (edited 27 June 2001).]