PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why is it everyones goal to fly a big jet ??
Old 1st Jun 2006, 09:52
On speed on profile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack's a dull boy
I'd bet even your limited experience exceeds that of OSOP.
You are absolutely correct my friend, what an informative statement. I have zero actual hours on a "big shiny jet" and if you looked at my profile, you would see that my current type is MEP. My "limited" experience however, includes a few years with many OPCs and numerous real world failures (in aircraft that dont gaurantee good climbout performance OEI) as well as many simulated emergencies performed in the actual aircraft.

I dont apologise for having a stong opinion on the statement...

" Many of the emergencies conducted in the sim will never happen to a pilot in his career " ....

... because this shows a distinct lack of respect for what can and does happen in real life and it conditions a person to not expect the unexpected. You train for emergencies because they DO happen whether thats in an SEP, MEP, MET or MEJ aircraft.

Bad Credit, I was not criticising your ability or your determination however you made a pretty strong statement that should be beaten out of every student by every instructor. You got a low time job and now fly a jet and that is to be commended however, it comes with a huge responsibility and (as I still do) you have a lot to learn. A little respect for the aeroplane always goes a long way and would be the best place to start.

Jacks a dull boy, This is not a pissing into the wind competition. I am happy wth my situation but when I hear that comment, a chill runs up my spine! Regardless of the experience level of the pilot that says it. I dont apologise for that! Heres a thought, why dont you make that statement at your next LPC/OPC and see what reaction it gets you!

Last edited by On speed on profile; 1st Jun 2006 at 10:04.