PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA to make U-Turn in their Business plan
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2001, 23:35
DPIT

CRP5,

I am not going to get dragged into a written slanging match with people; what is the point? There is no way, that whatever I say, on any subject is going be respected by certain people.

If you look at all my posts, I ask for pilots opinions, and give those opinions the due respect they deserve; Something that I do not think some people do!

With respect to posting on company time; I have a clear conscience. I incurred no extra costs to the company. If you belive I did, I will explain how I didn't (in a personal email...I will not justify myself publically). So any quotes of "spending my profit share", are completely without substance. You obvisouly do not take breaks; is that counted as company time? I am not paid for my breaks, are you? Something that I have posted, but will repeat; I do NOT get a profit share!

I still hold the dream of one day walking into the cockpit as a pilot, but will I be looked down on, not respected, because I have chosen a temporary career in management? If so, I don't think it would be worth it!!!

Exeng, I have got some figures for RPK's for BA, but am having a few problems getting other carriers data to make a proper comparison. I have also just thought, that it will not include the cargo airlines carry. Cargo staff are included in the figures for total employees, but not in RPKS. I will try and come up with an alternative, but cannot think of anything at the moment! I will get back to you. Maybe you would like to email me?

[This message has been edited by DPIT (edited 26 June 2001).]