PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2006, 23:27
Hand Solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tandem - I have a lot longer to serve in BA than you and have no doubt I'll be forced to revisit the NAPS issue again in the future, quite possibly after you've retired. Unfortunately I find myself in this fight for the long term. This years attack is only the first, there'll be more to come in the future and what little pilot unity there is (and lets be honest, it's always a transient thing in a community of 3000+ pilots) is essential to maintain NAPS for the existing members and improve BARPS for the new entrants. There has been a considerable show of solidarity on this thread, not just from the NAPS members, which is entirely predictable, but also from a number of BARPS members, which is both heartening and genuinely appreciated. Nonetheless there have been a few postings from BARPS members who appear to bear some sort of grudge against NAPS members for fighting for a reasonable pension on the grounds that they didn't fully understand what they were signing up for when they joined BA. I have no objection to them being angry. I do object to them using me as a scapegoat.