PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Day in the life of a "Lo-Co" Pilot ...
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2006, 22:22
Pilot Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gunman returns
Bug-2 ,Bug -5 and the capt takes control.mmmm.
Perhaps you have misunderstood. I mentioned the differences on a windy day, this was not. We were on a non-precision approach, not lined up with the centreline and the speed 'trend' was decreasing and not being corrected. No response to a second challenge and I exercised my right to redeem the situation that I have signed my name against. It was either that or a go-around. Ultimately my call, thank you.
Just wait till you start flying the NG Pete.
That'll be the -NG that I flew the last three days then? You have misinterpreted and not been privvy to the full picture so I wouldn't expect you to be able to make a correct assessment of what was right/ wrong/ warranted or not. Good luck to you too sir.

PAXboy
I gather there was an equipment failure?
Not a failure as such. There are occurences of 'sleeping receivers' which seem to be happening more and more regularly these days and the CAA are trying to track them and pinpoint causes, hence the report. In order to be of use that report needs to be as full of detail as possible, so taking a note at the time makes it easier to remember exactly where you were, what level, which frequency you were on, how long it had been quiet etc etc etc. One we changed frequency we continued with normal communications using the same radio equipment. As for no comms on 121.5, I meant that no station was trying to contact us on this frequency as we had been listening out on that frequency (as is standard).

PP