PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Sector Pay?
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2006, 21:52
Pilot Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pilothouse
Pilot Pete,
There are hardly any BALPA members to form a CC!
I have no idea how many members you have in JET2.

BALPA is nevertheless an organisation that has an administrative core that should be willing and able to set up and finance a local meeting.
Hold on, you want them to pay for you to have a meeting? If there are 'so few' members why couldn't you organise a meeting down the local pub, or are you unwilling to outlay ANYTHING in the pursuit of bettering your terms and conditions? What exactly would you want BALPA to say at this meeting? Don't you think they are going to just tell you to join? All the info about membership is available to you. If you could bother to be pro-active you could find out everything yourself, you could even telephone them and I am sure some nice person at New Road would give you the time of day.

And anyway, Pete, let's have YOUR ideas for a way forward..... You obviously know the system, so tell us how.
It really isn't rocket science. The SYSTEM is simply JOIN! Once you are a member get in touch with New Road, get as many new joiner information packs as you can and SPEAK to your fellow pilots. Encourage them to join, give them the info and as soon as you have 50% membership plus 1 pilot, push BALPA for a Recognition Agreement.

I'll consider rejoining if they will have me.
What is up with you people, what exactly do you need to see from them before you take control of your own future and get all your fellow pilots to do the same? JOIN! Don't give some crap about "I'll consider joining if they'll have me". Fill in the form, put your money where your mouth is and start recruiting fellow pilots. Why don't YOU set the ball rolling instead of wanting someone else to do it, someone else to tell you how to do it and generally just wanting things to get better, but not being willing to take the plunge until others have. If your fellow pilots adopt the same attitude as that then there is no hope of you bettering your terms and conditions. Start paying, get a say and then push from the inside.

You can take a horse to water springs to mind.....

PP