PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why is it everyones goal to fly a big jet ??
Old 31st May 2006, 17:10
EI-MACK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Superpilot
OK I'll admit it. Being very computer/IT/automation minded I personally see myself as someone who would gain far more satisfaction out of punching a few numbers into a keypad, turning some dial and watching the plane follow. Sure I don't mind hand flying and riding the rough with my own hands and feet once a while but I do love automation and currently only jets can offer that. Thats me being honest for ya!
I must say (and bear with me with my Muscular 1 hour of flight time) i have to kinda aggree with you there Superpilot.. i have always enjoyed the navagation/ punching in numbers and moving dials/ setting course etc and watching it folow your instructions when playing Flight sim at home.. although i flew a Piper PA-28 for the first time (in real life ) a few weeks ago and really enjoyed the actual feeling of handling the aircraft

im currently looking for cheaper places to get hours and training.. looking at the pilot college here in Waterford Ireland but thats another thread.. so i dont want to go off topic in my very first post

cheers