PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hope you guys don't mind me posting here but I've got problems
Old 31st May 2006, 14:14
B Fraser
Tabs please !

Received 408 Likes on 245 Posts
Been there done that !

Early on in my PPL, one of Human Factor's colleagues was taking me around the circuit and on a nice easy approach said, "look at your knuckles, I have control". They were white ! I was trying way too hard and was not feeling the aircraft. On the next t&g, I flew with my fingertips and suddenly felt what the aircraft was doing. I think SKYYACHT puts it rather well.

I flew on Saturday and did bad weather circuits at 500' in the p*ssing drizzle at cloudbase and had a great time. Crap viz really does make the runway appear further away however after one lousy circuit, I think I improved (or was I just less bad ?). I just love it when the stall warner begins to chirp as the wheels touch. I asked my instructor how I was doing and he said "I'm just sitting here admiring the view, I would send you solo but I'm not walking back from the hold in this crap".

I did an hour solo on Sunday and hated it. I have no idea why, you just get the odd off-day. Steep turns were a doddle but I couldn't do a PFL to save myself. It happens but next time will probably be different. Stick in there !