PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2006, 10:36
Nearly Nigel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My fault? Ich don't think so!

Well, speaking as someone who saw the closure of NAPS to new entrants as the line in the sand and voted accordingly (although everyone seems to be saying that now ), I'm desperately sorry to have been proved right all along, but it wasn't rocket science. "Vocal minority", my ass!

The thing is the BACC is leading the troops nicely towards confrontation now and the troops are following (funny old thing, eh?), whereas before the tone of leadership from most of the BACC was resigned and defeatist... And the troops followed in that direction too. Thank goodness there are moves afoot to get rid of those on the BACC who are not living up to the fire and brimstone that appears in their manifestos every two years.

Airrage for BACC Chairman, say I!

And as for those who think it's my fault that they're on a crap pension... I flew with someone recently who admitted that he had no idea what his pension would be on the the day he returned his signed contract. All BA would tell him was that it was a 'market leading scheme'... He foolishly believed them and couldn't send it back quickly enough without even asking what the 'market leading scheme' actually offered. How many others of you did the same, I wonder? And now it's supposed to be my fault somehow?

That is what you are dealing with when it comes to BA managment my new colleagues... BALPA aren't perfect (a democracy never is - but it's better than the alternative and hopefully it's about improve very soon) but if you ever think BALPA are stitching you up, just try life without them for a few pay deals and see what comes our way!

The moral of the story... Stick together and vote for strong union leadership.