PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A bit familiar?
Thread: A bit familiar?
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2006, 10:12
Confucius

Location: Too far North - hardly a RAF base that isn't these days...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by endplay
Confucius, you said:
"Pretty much true, but strangely enough I've never been involved in a crash despite wearing non-standard badges or T-shirts"
An outrageous non sequitor. After all I've never crashed a computer whilst wearing an aqua lung so the solution to IT problems must be...?
I think you're a little confused, perhaps a lot in fact. I did not suggest that wearing the non-issue/standard kit I mention solves problems, but it sure as hell doesn't create them, unless one counts irritating certain people's sensibilities, but I don't class that as a problem.

Originally Posted by Skunkerama
Blimey, you really know how to crush that slander regarding "civvies in uniform"

You are in the military, you have clothing and equipment issued to you so wear it and get used to wearing it. Thus if you need to be resupplied during operational circumstances, you will be able to operate at the same level as before.
It's exactly your kind of attitude that makes we wish to continue wearing non-standard T-shirts & badges. I heard inflexible humourless corporate clones like you existed, thankfully I can't count any as friends.