PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Run by Bean-Counters and OHS
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2006, 00:06
TIMMEEEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is nothing but blatant cost-cutting and the public knows it.

Yes - Brett Godfrey (the CPA "bean-counter" pin-up boy) didnt know which way to turn when he was interviewed yesterday on talk-back radio and was confronted by the head of an organisation for handicapped people.

Brett suddenly became timid, back-tracked a million miles and sounded like every bit of the accountant he is.
The way Godfrey started it sounded like being handicapped was a lifestyle choice!!

I can see it at the meetings at bean-counter central now :

" Why was our aircraft late out of Melbourne Smithers"
" Its these bloody handicapped people Mr Godfrey causing delays and requiring extra man power Sir!"
" What - extra handling and staff required! We cant have this....ban the buggers or make it as politically correct as possible to make it difficult for them to fly with us....they represent less on 0.1% of pax anyhow....the nerve of these people!!! "

Things must be tough if VB is picking on the handicapped.

And by the way - how are these guys going to handle international flights to the USA.
Last week one B744 required 18 wheelchairs and Qantas mobilised its staff to take each and everyone through customs!!
I know because my mother was one of those and was extremely complimentary about how she was handled and those less mobile organised through customs.

I think the record (non paralympic) was 37 wheelchair requests off a Mumbai flight!!!

Say what you will but Godfrey and his "team" has just blown a few million $ worth of advertising.

Besides, has anyone been to a hospital lately and seen what nurses, nuses aids and porters have to do on a regular basis?