PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Tanker Deal
Thread: RAF Tanker Deal
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2006, 16:38
BEagle

Received 334 Likes on 116 Posts
A considerable number of RAFResA and some RAFResO were called-out for GW2. Many had PVR'd and some were married and had new names. But since some bright spark had stopped giving them their annual £25 to keep Binnsworth informed of their whereabouts, actually finding them wasn't easy and a considerable number of call-out notices were returned 'gone away'....

Trades needed were typically Med Admin, Med Assistants, Drivers, Chefs - all the trades, in fact, which had been contractorised.

A tiny handful didn't respond to their call-out (less than a dozen) - and mostly because someone (wife, mother, lover) had signed for their papers but they themselves were away on overseas business etc. When someone decide to consider sending in the heavy mob to get one of them, I pointed out that Binnsworth hadn't actually kept copies of the call-out papers which had been stamped and dated - so nothing could be proved if 'chummy' decided to contest things... Any cheap lawyer would have made mincemeat of any attempted prosecution - particularly when even cabinet ministers were resigning over Bliar's lies.

My army colleague was all for sending in the Gestapo with rubber truncheons in the middle of the night to grab recalcitrant folk - he was very soon advised to explore all other avenues first.

There are differing degrees of liability for 'call-out' under the RFA as compared to 'recall'. But very little is understood by about 95% of ex-service personnel concerning their liability - a scruffy piece of photocopied paper written in blunty-speak being all that most received. There should be a clear "You may be liable to 'call-out' until (date) or 're-call' until (date)" - plus a clear explanation of the circumstances under which either would apply including the precise definitions. I understood it all at the time as I was dealing with it on a daily basis - but not now.