PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hercules ESF - technical, tactical and service issues. (Title edited)
Old 30th May 2006, 15:47
Permanent Sand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My first ever post on this site guys, so go easy on me!

Freedom to make comments is a vital right that we take for granted. Unfortunately, some people decide to jump in trying to look (and maybe feel) a little more educated on matters that others deal with every day of their lives. So for those who make comments that offend those who have a wealth of information than most will ever have...... I would do a bit of research.

I'm not sitting on the wall here guys, but I'm not prepared to make a full decision on whether it is fully feasible to implement the foam system fleet wide. Now I say this as I'm currently researching all angles of the upgrade. It's not easy, I have to be totally honest with myself and come to terms with the simple fact that every human life does have a price tag, and it makes me feel so sorry for those who've lost loved ones, it really does. I'm not just talking about initial cost of fitments, it's the big picture of any shortfalls involved in the future with maintenance and delay of assets because of this. Something that those above will be worried about I'm sure. Again, trying to play devils advocate, not nice. The other side of the coin is brimming with experts with vast experience saying this system could save a recurrence of that fateful day last year. Now what could be more compelling than that attitude? Maybe I am swaying on the latter side of the argument.

We all know morale is going through a low phase that occurs every now and again. It's obvious that this is getting a little frequent for some, and they are showing it by departing to what they see as a more relaxed lifestyle. The fun factor seems to be sliding below a level where by even those of the thickest hides are wondering where the future lies with the Armed Forces. Let's not make this cloud our judgment on these matters we're all professionals here, not cowboys on a 4week contract! (That last sentence is bound to get a quoted reply! )

This thread will go on for some time, I hope with a little more tact and thought will be applied in future comments. It will add to the great respect this forum already holds in many eyes.

Many thanks for reading my first attempt on this site,

Permanent Sand.