PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zimbabwe opportunities
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2006, 13:50
cavortingcheetah
Está servira para distraerle.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well now, as I seem to remember from my own experiences; once you have got your instructor rating and are happily plodding along as a Grade 111 working up to a Grade 11, you will be faced with the real competition.
This consists of those chaps who have perfectly good jobs flying Executive Jets, King Airs or Big Jets, who freelance at weekends or on their days off. They need neither the money nor the hours. They prostitute for fun, because they're bored at home or, in many cases, because their little egos demand it. The flight school managers love them. It adds real cachet to say that a 747 Training Captain instructs for your company.
Anyone would buy a type rating, or what have you, if they were lucky enough to be able afford it, in order to advance their own career. Don't feel bad about that!
But these chaps, on the other hand, really do disturb a professional instructor's monthly payment planning and reduce his flying hours. (I am sure that they still love those lazy cross countries, so good for hour building - oh yes, and the flight tests as well.)
The worst of it is, of course, that some of them have been where you might be now. It's a poor show on their part!