PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low flying complaint
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2006, 11:16
Skunkerama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best bet would be to move near Old Warden in Bedfordshire. Then you'll have a wonderfull mixture of sounds to enjoy. Sopwiths, Hurries, fokkers, and a Gladiator. And they'll even get the odd fj beating up the airfield.

My folks live in Maulden in Bedfordshire and the next village (Clophill) has or had a retired RAF pilot living there. The aircraft that he managed to get to turn up for the air fete were unbelievable.

They must have been on a small divert but to see the BoB memorial every year fly past and do a quick turn, followed by the Vulcan bless it, harriers, tornados A10's, F111's and most impressive of all was a B1 blasting past tipping over hitting reheat and pulling a tight circle between out house and the woods nearby. The noise I will never forget.

We were quite lucky as we regularly had Wookers, puma's and the odd stunt pilot using out area as a waypoint.

Now I live in Bracknell and all of the military stuff has to give us a wide berth for poxy civillian jets in heathrow. My only pleasure was the 7:00 flypast by concorde each night and the buggers managed to get that stopped as well.