PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Regulatory Reform Program will drift along forever
Old 30th May 2006, 08:06
captain_cranky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Major breakthrough for aviation regulatory reform aka the Lazarus effect

From Creampuff,

I'm not sure how collating the list actually helps to progress classification of operations 'reform', but at least somebody has been kept busy for a while. Indeed, if CASA tries really hard to avoid producing any new classification of operations rules, someone could be kept busy keeping the list up to date for another 20 years.
http://rrp.casa.gov.au/meeting/meet_...ClassofOps.pdf
Reeling from a giddyspin of dejavu I reached for my old Technical Committee (TC) files from pre April 1997 to find a policy virtually verbatim authored by none other than the new (old) Grant Mazowita!

A quick search on the CASA RRP site also found this;
http://rrp.casa.gov.au/newsletter/ne9703rp.pdf

Remarkable! Groundhog day indeed.
It is also interesting to note that the Chairman of the Policy Advisory Panel (PAP) at the time of this old (new) policy was James Kimpton who is also back now on the ASF with Lazarus-like aplomb.

So now we proceed on the 15 steps of cooperative consultative process, gnashing over the gnashed.
Is this the best we can expect, Mr Byron? Or is this all new to you

These Standards Consultative Committee (SCC) people travel, stay and dine at OUR expense to regurgitate and discuss past policies, throw in a new buzzword here and there and some grammatical amendments ie for 'Passenger' read 'Public'.

It is also interesting to note that the expenses for these Committee meetings dont appear anywhere in the CASA annual report with the exception of a consultants fee to chair them. Last year REPORTEDLY $43,905.

WHAT HAS BEEN THE ACTUAL COST FOR THIS JOURNEY IN CIRCLES AND HOW LONG WILL THE GOVERNMENT AND INDUSTRY LET THIS FARCE CONTINUE?