PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career advice..
Thread: Career advice..
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2006, 05:14
FlingWingKing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Beeech19,

This is just my opinion, so take from it what you consider appropiate and disregard the rest. I am sure many of us has many diffirent opinions regarding your dilemma.

May I just say that I am speaking without authority on the subject as I was sponserd my 737 rating.

SAA:
They are busy with talks and serious planning to restart their freighter operation with approximately 9 737-300's. Getting the machine on your license will however NOT gaurantee you an interview, let alone a paying job. Should you get selected you will have to redo the rating anyway.

Comair:
Same as SAA.

Nationwide:
In my opinion this is the only airline in this contry who will give you a job if you get the rating. They are however a bit fat on F/O's and dont pay so well.

SAFAIR:
They own a lot of 737's which are leased to the likes of Comair, SAX, 1time etc. They might give you a job, but having said that, I do not know much about them other than the ownership issue.

1time:
Consider doing a DC9 rating. Once again, I do not know much about the airline but heard they pay well.

Execurive Aerospace:
They operate 2 DC9's for SAX on the coastal route, but I heard rumours that the contract is about to finish.

Phone the chief pilots of the various airlines and ask their advise. When I was job hunting I found most of them open and keen to give advise.

Good luck with your decision.

FWK