PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British KLM pilots to ballot for stike action
Old 29th May 2006, 20:30
Gearpins_stowed*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
U0062,

To me, your reply is written in a quite offending way. But I realise that it must be an emotional period for you all.

A couple of reactions:

In you're opinion I have to be the one that should gather information related to an issue which is brought up by you (KLMuk group). To my opinion this is the wrong way around.
I’ve been asking around amoung dutch colleages but nobody was able to tell me more than “the want a better deal”, “they want seniority” etc. etc. (more sheltered life people….).
Besides, I’ve been in the crew centre 5 out of 7 days and not a single person has approached me nor the colleage I was flying with (Yes, I do shower every day so that can’t be it). Moreover, hadn’t I posted, I wouldn’t have known the contents of the Balpa letter. The average long haul pilot shows up at the crew centre 2 to 3 times a month and is probably more worried of getting his golfclubs on board than talking to colleages regarding this issue.

Quote: “You query the statement made by Balpa”

I did not say that the statement is right or wrong. The Balpa letter gives no explanation / examples of the drastic statements made in that letter. So please tell me, how can I judge for myself i.o.w. why shouldn’t I query? Are you afraid of people querying the statements? Is there something to hide? Have there been letters before this one?

Bear in mind that you (KLMuk) are all very well informed and living the news at first hand. For me, the sheltered one, this news is only reaching me in broken and emotional bits and pieces. A strike will be the first factual news that has reached me from the uk group.

Quote: “We are fighting for our jobs,our future and security”.

I fully understand, no offence, by writing my postings I’m trying to help you, don’t you see that?

Anyways, you’ve probably lost me again by now.

From my shelter (with internet acces ;-) ) I still wish you all the best.

Last edited by Gearpins_stowed*; 29th May 2006 at 20:46.