PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Salary/Allowances.
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2006, 19:57
FCOLOVER22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello...lgw, bad salaries?

i must disagree with this last post saying that lgw salaries aren't great...

although i have said that discussion of salaries, in my opinion, is something personal, this last post has kind'a made me write this...and change my postion in not saying what can be earned here....
i have been in lgw longhaul for 9 months and i can tell you that if i add all 9 months together, the average would be 1650 and last month i got 2100 after tax and the month before 1850pounds. So seeing that the average is 1650 is not so bad. I was in eurofleet for 6 months and not one single month did i make it past the 1777 mark and this was with overtime. But....remember one thing....in eurofleet the law states the limit of flying monthly hours of 168 and in longhaul it is maximum of 60-80hours. so if u earn 1650 for 60 to 80 hours work, isnt it better than working 150 for example to get the same? Even if you got 2000 for those 150 hours, the comparison to 1650 for 60 to 80 hours isnt gonna work out better in lhr eurofleet,is it? so just to say, lgw lh isnt as bad as some heathrow people may put it, and i have spoken with many people from lhr longhaul and they say that it isnt much more unless u have those box 3 and 4 payments which may bring it up by a couple hundred more. Consequence of lhr lh, is longer duties, more of your money spent down route, consequence earn less in the end....
It isnt that bad down here and soon most of us will go to lhr and see the real thing, then we can post here to a more accurate standard.

thanks and happy flying