PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fast Jet Drivers
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2006, 18:45
FJJP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sometimes you can't win. One trip I did as a new co-plt [experienced but on new jet], I read up the selcal procs. I did a check with Shanwick, and it worked a treat. However, flt deck noise was such that it wasn't used. When capt [pratt] heard the bing-bong, he went ballistic, rabbitting on about the system not being serviced, saving money on engineering costs, etc.

I didn't bother to respond; in fact I pretty well ignored what the clown said in the future [we've always done it that way] and would brook no discussion to try to take things forward.

Until GW1... He got a fright when he needed to think about the kit on board, and what it could do for us.

Anything you can do to see and be seen must be done.

Incidentally, semirigid rotor, why don't you make contact with your nearest FJ base. If you establish a liaison:

a) you might get a trip

b) you might get a liaison officer established who you could give a trip to

c) You could establish a regime where you get notification of exercises, intensive flying, routes, etc.

d) you could brief the pointy guys on HELMS ops, techniques, et al to give each other a better understanding of what's going on.

Just a thought...