PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life Sentences for Desertion...
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2006, 18:39
SASless

Received 521 Likes on 217 Posts
I reckon if you stick your head firmly up you hind end, one can come up with all sorts of excuses to let someone else defend your freedom and way of life. There must be a lot of WWII veterans that wished they had used better birth control after reading this forum.

Being a volunteer military, each one of you lot read the contract before you signed it (or I would certainly hope anyway). The contract did not give you an escape clause...nor did it grant every single serving member of the military to decide which fight to participate in.

The bugle has been blown....it's time to stand up. If you are not prepared to do your duty as you promised....QUIT. NOW! Take the consequences...be a Man about it. Don't hide out and pray you do not have go in harm's way and continue to wear the uniform in a manner that shames those who go into harm's way in your stead.

The British military must be in a horrible way if the majority of the members feel the way so many of you posters do. I would suggest the UK Taxpayer deserves better than what they are getting if that is so.

The US military re-enlistment rate is the highest in its history. That is a fact.

The US military meets or exceeds its recruiting goals and continues to do so. That is a fact.

The BBC nor the anit-war crowd can change the truth. Our military is not backing away from the fight. Why is the British military unable to summons the same level of dedication? Have you lost your will to fight?

This is our Memorial Day weekend, one where we pause to honour our military, those killed and wounded, and the living Veterans. We see the losses in the daily news....but remember, from D-Day to the end of the War in Europe, we lost 2,000 dead per week on average. On D-Day itself, we lost 9,000 men.

Do you really believe we can peacefully co-exist with those that mean to see our demise as a Western culture? Do you really think the Iranian zealots would hesitate to use nuclear weapons?