PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life Sentences for Desertion...
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2006, 15:25
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FJJP, I agree with you and I still think the preferred method is to negotiate, but I do not believe for a second that the US will allow Iran to become a nuclear power. The point I was trying to make is that invading Iraq has worsened the situation with Iran. Creating the conditions for the current Iranian president to come to power leading to a stand-off between Iran and the US. Big question is what would Iran do with the bomb? If PM and US President decide to act on the basis of intelligence who is going to believe them this time round? I have read it several times that the benefit of the Iraqi invasion was to turn US Forces from boys into men ready for the next one (Iran). Oh dear, that plan seems to have gone badly wrong. I think we are in the s**t. I personally believe that the historians will decide that the invasion of Iraq was a huge strategic error.

Confucious, I think you are spot on, Blairs decision to back a new generation of Nuclear power stations has got to be the right answer, along with a move to bio fuels. In the mean time I have been told to buy shares in STATOIL Norwegian oil company! As regards islamic terrorism, a well respected scholar already believes their centre of gravity is Europe, not the Middle East. Scarey??!!

Last edited by nigegilb; 29th May 2006 at 16:55.