PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Staff Passengers, Worst Nightmare
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2006, 15:07
apaddyinuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by striparella
No, it's the flight deck SPOUSES!!
They're the rudest pax ever - especially when their husband is operating the flight. The demand the earth - whether i've been crew or on the ground.
I remember just a few weeks ago a FO's wife got all stroppy becasue she didn't know the address of where she would be staying her first night in the US, and the system wont check you in without it.
From the moment she stepped up to my desk she was rude and aggresive as if she was above everyone else because her husband was helping flying the plane and she didn't like it that she'd been made to ring him and find out the address as it apparently it made her 'look stupid'.
Was i bovvered? Was i hell.
I think that is a massive and unfair generalisation!!! The VAST majority of Captains and FO's spouses I have had on board are always a pleasure to deal with. If you hold this attitude about them before they have even boarded then it probably shows once they get on board and yeah, quite deservedly give you hell! Suggest a review of your CRM skills here. As for having them at the check in desk, same applies.
My mother is a Captains wife, I am a captains brat and from the moment I could talk I was always told to "sit down, shut up and if I press the call button I will be grounded for a year"!!! I was always polite to the crew and I always brought chocolates for them (something I still do except on the commute to DUB cos lets face it, I do it so often now Id be broke...sorry guys and gals). After all, its all about personality. If you have none and the green eyed monster appears of course you are going to hate them.