PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working in Europe?
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2006, 14:59
Edinburgh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you so far fellow pilots.

As you already suggest, I have of course been thinking of getting back into flight instruction, since this would be my way into flying again. However I chose to have a good look around and see what is available out there first.

Now since people are talking about flight instruction and networking, it would be interesting to hear from pilots who actually chose to take this route. It would be interesting to hear what made them chose the FI course instead of maybe a typerating, and how being a flight instructor has helped them to land the first job with an airline or get a foot inside other commercial flying? Or maybe they do not feel it helped at all?

I do not really want to get into the discussion about paying for typeratings or all this debate, however just trying to reveal the opportunities the industry gives to people who have more than 1200+ hours, with a low number of Multi engine hours, by flight instruction.

It would be interesting to hear the stories from people who have had success with their choices, and from people that feel that they are a bit stuck, due to the increasing demand and competition from people who are paying for their training with the airlines to get ahead.

Again I would prefer if this thread could avoid to focus on the issue and debate of right and wrong of buying a typerating, only if that was the way to land the first job after being a flight instructor and getting 1200+ hours.

Once again thank you for your 2 cent.