PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2006, 11:55
ExJAFAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More JPA problems

Hello All,
My first post need somewhere to let off steam!!! Has anybody noticed the tax codes are wrong on the JPA pay statements??? At a guess I would say the code is 503L the emergency tax code. Phoned HR and JPAC and apparently they 'do not deal with tax codes and therefore I need to contact Inland Revenue.'

How then was my tax code correct prior to JPA now it is wrong, I have been told that all the RAF tax codes are wrong and all are on 503L incorrectly.

I cant understand how this can be allowed to happen, all personell are more concerned with pay issues and normal work has taken a back seat. Couple that with the time issue of actually logging onto JPA, finding an issue, waiting on the phone for at least an 1 hour and a 1/2 only to be told that we cannot help you. At least 1/2 a day has gone buy lost to inefficency and beurocracy. The old system had its faults but at least you had a friendly scribbly to try to help you not a faceless inexperianced telephone assistant that has not got a clue. If this were a civvy company heads would roll over this fiasco. Yet again common sense has left the building stage left replaced by a farcical system that to quote our ex boss'...is not fit for purpose...'.

Sorry bout that had enough,