PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life Sentences for Desertion...
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2006, 10:15
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The point about an International Court is that the victors never appear before it. If the doctor in the trench coat had decided not to go to Iraq before the puppet Govt was put in we would have had an explosive court case. I always thought the same as you about the BBC. Always saw them as a bunch of lefties biding their time to become MPs or Nu Labour advisers. All this changed when I decided to go public with the lack of foam protection for Hercules. I was amazed by the editorial freedom that BBC Broadcast Journos enjoy. When I explained the Herc story they were very angry and whilst remaining unbiased thaey did not hold back in making sure my story got a very public hearing. The Radio 4 hacks are unbelievably professional and caring. Thay were very different to what I was expecting and i was surprised how well we got on. I know I only scratched the surface but all the time I have been learning how the media works and what makes a story. The best journos are agenda setting. Gilligan made a small error and the Govt almost destroyed the BBC as a result. The real culprit here is the Govt. They will destroy anyone who gets in their way. Look at Dr Kelly. With hindsight, do you think we should have invaded Iraq??

Sorry for going on but the media esp newspapers have been the only effective opposition til Cameron took over. Sure they do bad things from timt to time but in the round I have a lot of admiration for them.

NG