PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lessons at EGNT / NCL
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2006, 09:13
Happyeater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I currently fly from Newcastle as a student PPL. The options I had on deciding where to go were whether I fancied an hour plus drive to DTV (and possibly have a cancelled lesson) or a 15 min drive to Newcastle. Also, remember the exams and ground school. If you need help (and I did) the FI's there are only too willing to sit on a one to one and go through the more difficult parts. In fact Neil has recently spent quite a lot on an overhead presentation kit showing the 7 exams in English!! I did my Navigation there and it helped a great deal.

Its worth mentioning the quality of the FI's too. There are younger and older FI's there and I've been luck enough to fly with most of them. Hand on heart, they're all excellent. You'd possibly find one (or two) suited to your personality and style more than the rest and if thats the case, great, but they are all enthusiastic and good teachers.

Then there is the social side of things. Neil is putting on a coach to go to the Farnborough Air Show, there and back in a day. Its booking up already. There are usually members of the Club sitting around in the bay window area of the club chatting about all things (including flying). Loads of experience there to be gained by simply sitting with them all.

Go and have a look, chat to Neil, Lynda and the Instructors, look at the training room and facilities, sit in an aircraft, chat to the students there and decide for yourself.