PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 29th May 2006, 05:31
skyhigh15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question open day activities

Hello everyone

This is my first time posting a msg here and I must say, this forum has so much valuable information for those interested in working for EK, so thank you and thank you. You guys are cool

I have a question for those of you who attended EK open day recently. Oh, I see that some people from Australia are waiting for their results, I hope you get the good news soon! My question is what sort of activities did you have to do at the open day? I've been hearing that instead of the usual group discussions, people were put into pairs and asked to introduce their partner to the group, elimination, and then "just for fun", they had to do a role play of a possible situation on a plane. Now this open day (or assessment day since preliminary selections were done) took place in a non-English speaking country (my home country ) and I am wondering if this is what happened in Australia or any other country where English is the native language. Have they changed the selection method there too? Maybe they have started to do this in countries where English is not the first language because people also have to do an English test and the new selection method will shorten the day? I doubt it but I ask this because I am currently in NZ and I will be attending an open day in Auckland next month! I have been to one assessment day in my country and it was pretty much the same as the ones described on this forum.

61 people were selected in my country and I think it took them about 2 weeks to find out. So I guess it is true that they are planning on recruiting around 60 people in each country.

Last edited by skyhigh15; 29th May 2006 at 08:04.