PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Health Problems
Thread: Health Problems
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2006, 00:12
apaddyinuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by clogs
Does anyone know if having an allergy or taking antihistamines hinders/affects cabin crew applications for the middle eastern airlines, eg gulf air?
Clogs unfortunately you are not allowed to fly while taking antihistamines and if I remember correctly when I flew for Qatar Airways the rule was the same. The reasoning is that it impairs your judgement. I suffer from hay fever during the summer and it sometimes gets really bad but I know that once I am in the air conditioned cabin of an aircraft it will almost immediately clear up so I dont risk taking anything in the mean time and 7 years on I have never had a problem.

As for high blood pressure, well to be honest Im not really sure. If its from the likes of smoking and poor diet then I think all you need to do is consider a lifestyle change which should bring it under control. If it is controlled by medication this too may help but if its simply a matter of it being family history and you have not yet been diagnosed then I think you should be fine. My family has history of high blood pressure but as yet Im as clean as a whistle...TOUCH WOOD!!! Im more worried about the big C knocking me down!