PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Salary/Allowances.
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2006, 21:42
keeperboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trishaturbulance
I'm much happier now than at my previous airlines, but I do agree with the point that if money is an issue then maybe you should try BA? Although as somebody said, they are currently only recruiting for LGW and I've heard from several sources that the pay there isn't any better than at Virgin (please don't shoot me if i'm wrong! )
BA has just recruited a couple hundred crew on 6mth temp contracts on LHR WW. Word on the street is that once their 6 mths is up they will be offered LGW single fleet or the door.

Money @ LGW LH is not great. There is no long range flying with the exception of IAH which 'Box 1' (bout 100 squid extra). The only destinations are in the US and Carribean so meal allowences aren't great either. To give you an idea, I used to make more on LHR SH than I did at LGW LH.

The conditions/lifestyle were good at LGW tho. Lots of nightstops, all of which were followed with a minimum 3 clear days off (plus the arrival day) once home.

BA management have cottoned on to these benefits tho. :-(( LGW LH is merging with LGW SH to make 'single fleet' many of the conditions at LGW (min 3 days off after trips etc) will go as well. This is due to happen in OCT. Conveniently the same time that the LHR WW temps contracts will be up and the LGW WW crew will transfer to LHR WW. ;-)