PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEMP protection - ACJ and BBJ Considerations
Old 28th May 2006, 21:01
mach 4.0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woodrick,

thanks for your reply

The question relates to will the aircraft loose all flight controls in event of NEMP or DEW event? and in particular will the RAT deploy and will some flight controls work. ACJ's are becoming more and more popular and there is a possability I may fly one in 2007/2008. The principal I currently fly for is looking at electronic counter measures for his aircraft and the question of NEMP/DEW has arisen. He pays alot of money for his aviation department and his questions to me need to be answered fully. If I gave answers along the lines of postings above, I would be considered a schoolboy and probably fired!

I am awaiting an answer from the head of A320 technical team, but in the meantime I am interested if anyone reading this forum has specific knowledge.

Rainboe,

If you are not interested in the answer to this question fine, but I am! A B737 can glide in manual reversion, lower undercarriage and has a chance to survive. And yes I have done this in simulator and provided you remain vmc it is not that difficult, at least you have a chance.

Someone on this forum may have the technical knowledge I am interested in. if you have not or are not interested - why are you posting? I respectively ask you to only post if you can add to this request.

This forum can be really useful in increasing knowledge, and knowledge is a good thing which should not be censored.

PS if someone wants to discuss airbridges, let them. If you are not interested you do not have to read the post!

Clandestino,

same to you, if you do not know the answer or are not interested...fine, but why the hostility? I do not have any false assumptions about FBW and whether they "fall out the sky", I simply do not know. I have not done an airbus course, and if I did I may not have that knowledge anyway. I am merely seeking an answer to my question. Look its not a big deal if you cannot help, please don't bother replying if you cannot add something positive. I really do not want to argue about whether or not I should be asking this question. I am asking the question and nothing you say will stop me from seeking the answer.

Thank you

Last edited by mach 4.0; 28th May 2006 at 21:22.