PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wankel engine?
Thread: Wankel engine?
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2006, 20:03
Graviman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3Top,

I was only really using the Zoche to generate figures for turbodiesels, but didn't realise they had been going (or not) that long! For my money Wilksch are the guys to watch as they have a very conservative design, but in a good overall package. Again it seems to be happening at a sensible pace.
Interestingly the Dyna-Cam is still out there, but under a new guise:

http://www.axialvectorengine.com/AxialVector.htm

I can't really comment on the Mistral specifically, but the rotary is very definately an extremely robust design so i see no reason for any problems. Certainly the pace they are working at indicates that they are serious about producing a product, rather than a concept.

I'm just a piston head, since i prefer heavier fuels - mainly due to their combustion characteristics. The point i was really trying to show was that Mistral G-190 Rotary compared similarly to the Wilksch WAM-160 in terms of power/weight. The better fuel consumption of the diesel then benefits the operator. This is not strictly a fair comparison since the Wilksch is turbo while the Mistral is not. The point being made is that better crank mechanisms will allow future turbodiesels to offer improved power/weight.

Mart

Edit: 'cos i gots confused over names - Sorry folks!

Last edited by Graviman; 29th May 2006 at 18:02.