PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hope you guys don't mind me posting here but I've got problems
Old 28th May 2006, 14:52
HelpMeplease

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've done the "proving" I'm trimmed bit.... My instructor still asks if I'm trimmed and I remove my hands to prove it to him (and me). I don't think this is the problem.

When I first went into the circuit it was a day when I had higher stress levels than the norm - obviously my instructer didn't know this as it was caused by personal issues - and he can't read my mind.

He drove me extremely hard that day as I had my attitude and heading issues to deal with as well as the huge increase in workload levels that the circuit brings. I also wasn't supposed to be doing circuits that weekend but the wx dictated that we couldn't do stalls and slow flight.
To be honest I was within 60 seconds of bursting into tears after an hour of being driven and was more mentally exhausted than I've ever been after a lesson.

I did tell him about my problems after the lesson and he made sure I was calm and laughing before I went home, but he doesn't know how close he was to "cracking" me - I don't cry easily!!!

For 3 days after that weekend I thought about changing my instructor but kept coming back to the fact that he usually brought the best out in me by challenging & pushing me, I've always felt totally safe in his hands and on the ground he's a really nice guy.

But ever since then I've gone backwards to the point where all my attempted landings are "Go arounds".

aaaaagh!!!! - sheer frustration...