PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe Recruiting and Ts & Cs
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2006, 11:08
AlphaCharlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If its a contract through an agency thats fine, Liftman will not join the seniority list. But its crazy to look down the current seniority list and see 16 guys on jet way ahead of their seniority (and no I am not criticising them, you would be crazy not to take flybe up on the offer if they offered it to you to go straight in on jet), it just makes a mockery of the list with guys now being paid pass-over pay for having their career progression held up because the company saw fit not to invest in their future - lack of available t/p sim slots or not! As for only 1 guy internally bidding for the 146, well the company could always train up some of those who have bid for EXT/SOU/BHX etc and offer them a remote roster for 6 months to plug the gap, but I guess that means spending cash on hotac etc. And if it is only for 4 months, it would be pointless taking a guy off t/p to train on 146 only to then have to re-train again at the end!

Eggtimer ... I don't think its unreasonable being a bit pee-ed off with the state of the seniority list, I hardly think f/o's reactions are ott, how would people at BA or VS react if they started recruiting direct-entry captains tomorrow? Slightly pee-ed off too!