PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another solo attempt
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2006, 09:15
modelman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another solo attempt

Had some more cicuits yesterday,got a bit flustered but put it down to the following:
Nerves-for some reason I was not in the groove that day.
Had a new instructor,asked me to check the a/c whilst he practised his shouting-he was only joking of course............
Having received departure clearance,turned on to runway to face an a/c on finals.(couldn't see him at first due to high wing.)FI called ATC to depart rwy but was told to continue backtracking,landing a/c ordered to go around-all seemed a bit hairy to me!
Had an EFATO test immediately
Have usually turned onto x-wind at 700' but had this time to do it at 500'
Cloud was at 800' so the circuit was lower than usual.
FI took me out of circuits because he thought I was maybe a bit 'stir crazy' having done nothing else.Gave me a wringing out on some steep turns.
Requested rejoin,told to report joining base leg,ATC was so busy,couldn't get the call in until I was ready to turn final.
I still have a bit of a problem cutting the power over the threshold but we managed to iron that out and a decent landing followed.
I think it is good to be put under pressure-I guess yesterday I wasn't really on it.
I seem to get rather tense when I am flying although I enjoy it enormously (flying that is).Anybody got any tips for helping me relax?
Modelman