PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hercules ESF - technical, tactical and service issues. (Title edited)
Old 28th May 2006, 08:49
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kim, while we are all entitled to an opinion there is a way of putting it across. so, now i'll put my opinion across!

i'm bob o'connors sis. he was one of the crew that lost his life on XV179. i am fighting f hard to help get this system in place fleetwide. this is done to ensure that no other family have to go through what i have had to endure. when i write endure i am not being over dramatic. it is not just a fanciful whim that is being acted on. it is of the opinion from the lead AAIB investigator of the crash that the probability of loss would be significantly altered HAD the foam been fitted. it was the explosive mixture of vapours and air mix that ignited. there was no explosive in the projectile that pierced the tank. so put that in your pipe and smoke it! you may not think that it is necessary or desired. have a look at the signatures on the petition! there are over 1000 in only three days. people are helping to spread the word. whilst you are busy being controversial, as you are unable to back up your views, you fail to realise that having fantastic radios are no bloody use to you when you are tumbling out of control to the ground! at best you will ensure that you will be heard very well as you crash to your death. that will do you no good in your operational effectivness. it is, in my opinion, the real MEN that are doing something about this and getting off their backsides to help little ol me make this a reality.let us not forget that they were real men who lost their lives on jan 30th 05.