PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air: More A330 Direct Entry FO !?
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2006, 04:35
LDG NO BLUE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DE policy and retiring age

Hi there!

Goufair, very nice post and I share exacly the same point of view as you do concerning the DEs.

1) no direct entries of any form. GF has enough qualified pilots to transfer from within its rank for upgrades.

2) GF changed its OM-A to suit this. When I joined it was clearly stated that new joiners would go to the 767 or 320 only! So, in the middle of the game, we're changing the rules. And the reasons are not strong enough.

Rostering is chaotic last few weeks, all back to normal! LMCs, illegal blocks and delaying flights to get your minimum rest after you fight with them. It's a lost cause, because our chief pilot won't do anything to solve this. He rathers squeeze his pilot corps then to adress rostering situation with his superiors. Or am I expeculating here? Maybe just a wild guess...

Retiring age

Some of our captains are about to be retired, or maybe not.
If they don't go pension now and fly for another 5 years, this will adversely affect our career progression. Contract pilots have been extended...
Maybe I should even follow the advice of the " very happy" bunch, maybe I'll pack and go. The door is open, isn't?

Just I think that changing a job is not like changing a shirt, gents. You have to build time to build senioriry.
But if seniority means nothing with GF, then I'm not losing anything, am I?

Safe flights and let us enjoy the 50°C cockpits with broken APUs!

LNB