PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low flying complaint
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2006, 20:44
microlight AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low flying complaint

At last! I've found a suitable venue for my rant.... I moved to East Anglia twenty years ago and have long intended to express my concerns about military low flying. I don't have any faith in the pen-pushers to address my complaint in a constructive manner. In particular, I feel I must express concerns about Buccaneers, A-10's and Jaguars: I have invested considerable amounts of hard earned £££'s on my idyllic property in the East Anglian countryside and I'm not best pleased! Rather than be flamed by you all perhaps I should give you the specific detail of my displeasure..... My precise complaint is in relation to low flying fast jets ( the lack of them) I chose East Anglia as my place of abode for various reasons and the presence of lots of military airfields was one of them. Since arriving I have witnessed the end of flying at the Woodbridge/Bentwaters bases, the demise of Buccaneers at Honington and now they've taken away our beautiful Jags and closed our last BofB station! This tax payer does not feel that he's getting best value !
I even chose a property under the NE stub of the Wattisham MATZ.... (Bring back those Phantastic F4's !!!) right next to a 1000ft mast which makes an excellent waypoint. Furthermore, I'd appreciate advance warning when you do (on the odd occasion) manage to pop across here as the cat gets upset when I throw him off my knee to enable a quick exit through the door to check out the heavy metal.