PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interviews at Monarch (merged)
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2006, 09:13
185 Lbs of Ballast!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To speak as I have found

I joined in Jan '06 onto the A320/321 at MAN.

I was paid £2721.10 two days ago. In April I did 23 sectors over 12 days, one night spent in Aberdeen. I start my pension contributions next month.

The bond on the A320/321 for me was £18k reducing on a linear scale over 3 years.

The Airbus is my 4th Jet type rating and I have 4300hrs. I was looking for a stable company from which to retire in 25 years. I'm not going to pass comment here on the t's and c's, we all have to look at whats about, who you have a chance of getting a job with and weigh it all up. I wanted to spend good quality time at home and I am certainly doing that. The training was the best I have experienced and the guys and girls on the line are a pleasure to work with.

I do not want to fly long haul on every flight and the prospect of mixed fleet flying on the Airbus is personally more attractive that the money I could earn with say Easy or Ryan.

I took a big paycut to come to Monarch and my wife and I are very happy with what we are getting. For us it was important to look at the long term picture.

Good luck.