PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strategic Aviation - AU
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2006, 08:59
High-Flying-Adored

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do a little bit of work now and then for Strategic in SYD and know the cabin crew quite well, so i hope i can provide some info.

All positions are now with Strategic, Aerocare have been given the boot. Aerocare crew were transferred across to strat.

At this stage they only qualififed crew, preferrably with a330/a340 type exp. and certs.

There is a possibility in the future if these roles are not filled that strategic may seek "off the street" people for training. However, due to the time contraints, the only want exp people.

Nearly all roles are DRW based, with the exception of a few, very few in syd.

I heard the pay discussed not long ago. I think the base pay was about mid thirties, but i can't remeber exactly.

The photo link is actually to the RAAF Airbus MRTT, which has yet to be certified/refitted with tanker facilities and delivered to the Aust governement. Currently all ps are carried out with a wet leased A330-300 leased from Portugese company Hiyfly (formally Air Luxor). The aircraft is operated in a 2 class config with about 30 j class and the rest y. The j class is quite nice, and i believe the seats are allocated according to rank.