PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easy Hold pool
Thread: Easy Hold pool
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2006, 08:13
Colonel Klink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firm Touchdown,

A good try but this is an outright lie. A simple count would prove your statement totally inaccurate. PM me if you want the list. Why would you try to reduce the number to 5 unless you are trying to impress the management with your willingness to do their job for them, (if they knew who you are) or you were simply spreading lies.
After all, that is what the CTC tried to do at a Trainers meeting several months ago when he told them he had 29 leavers, but my correct list showed nearly 100!! And that is why I compiled the list, to prevent the truth being distorted.
The number is 12, one of these is retirement who will still work for us p/t in a non checking role and another who lost his medical.
The number of leavers since 2002 is exactly 340, with a big surge expected when the next Virgin course is announced.
The above posts are correct in stating the TRE's are being worked to death and that cadets and others are facing long delays in getting started due trainer shortages.
The management have tried several times to recruit direct entry TRE's, most recently about a year ago, and got nobody. Why would they fare better now that:
1)The emeployement market is far more bouyant than then, and
2) Everybody knows they would also be worked to death!!!
3) They will risk upsetting pilots who have served the airline for years but get passed over for lucrative Training slots, may cause even more to leave!!!