PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2006, 07:06
Phoney Tony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just checked my latest JPA payslips for May.

Oh Dear.

Basic Pay and Flying pay correct - Hurray.

Correction for double flying pay last month correctly made - Hurray.

Promotion grant - £103.15 - Thanks, but I have not been, and probably never will be promoted.

GPD Offset Taxable - £1014.30 - Even the nice lady at JPAC did not know what the abbreviation ment or why I had been paid the money.

Net result I have been over issued by about £1117.70 which, like the flying pay, they will recover in the future. The problem is every time they do this they recover nearly the full amount back whilst I only receive £1117.70 minus Tax. Thus I am out of pocket (nearly £200 for the over issue of FP last month) JPAC told me I will get the money back from the tax people at the end of the year!

Please, someone in MoD Coporate Comms ( I now you read this forum) inform CAS of the real impact that JPA is having.

In trying to sort out this mess I have wasted 4 hours of my time writing to JPAC and my units HR staff (Bless them).

JPA is impacting operational output.

JPA is having a negative impact on morale.

JPA has introduces changes in allowances etc which have not been widely advertised. Whilst this may not be a change in the letter of the law, with respect to my Terms of Service, I feel it has changed in spirit. I have been let down again by the high level management.

I encourage every RAF individual to complete a tax return this year to ensure that they get all the money back. This will be a significat load on the Tax office. I am sure they will be pleased!